Grace Morgan appears as counsel in criminal proceedings, including:
- Trials in the County and Supreme Courts;
- Criminal appeals before the Court of Appeal and the High Court;
- Judicial review in the Supreme Court;
- County Court appeals;
- Committal proceedings in the Magistrates Court; and
- Bail and plea hearings at all levels of the Court hierachy.
Grace is a Victoria Legal Aid Criminal Trial preferred barrister and holds a Victorian Bar Indictable Crime Certificate.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Grace worked as a solicitor advocate for Robert Stary Lawyers. During her seven years of work with the firm, she built her reputation managing complex defence cases in the higher courts.
Grace has a particular interest in Commonwealth criminal law, and has appeared as defence counsel in a number of complex terrorism, foreign incursion, drug and money laundering prosecutions. She has also appeared in the security division of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, on behalf of persons seeking a review of passport cancellation.